Three Rooms Press will be well-represented in San Francisco as a posse of poets head to the City by the Bay to participate in LitQuake, the annual Bay Area festival of contemporary literature. We'll be reading at ArtZone 461 Gallery (461 Valencia, between 15th and 16th) at 6 pm on Saturday, October 17, as part of the festival's LitCrawal event.
Three Rooms Press poets include:
- Peter Carlaftes (Progressive Shots (2009), and The Bar Essentials, Nightclub Confidential, Sheer Bardom, Drive By Brooding and The I Can't-O Cantos, all in their fifth printing). With the new poem just for SF "Ban All Art" to be unveiled Saturday.
- Joie Cook (When Night Salutes the Dawn, 2009). San Franciscan founder of the legendary Cafe Babar series, with a brand new book of red-hot poetry.
- Kat Georges (Three Rooms Press founder and editor; author of Punk Rock Journal and Slow Dance at 120 Beats a Minute, both 2007). Never a dull moment.
- Karen Hildebrand (Take a Shot at Love, 2009 and One Foot Out the Door, 2005). She's got an x-ray mind and see right into the heart of poetry--and YOU!
- Jane Ormerod (Recreational Vehicles on Fire, 2009). TRP just released her amazing first full-length collection of poetry. "A gritty and gutsy postmodern poet" (Metro Silicon Valley)
- Susan Scutti (We Are Related, 2009, 2nd printing). Founding member of the New York literary collective The Unbearables, ready to shred it up in her first ever SF appearance.